GE’s ecomagination Challenge: Powering Your Home is the most recent open call to action for businesses, entrepreneurs, innovators and students with breakthrough ideas for home energy creation, management and use.
The Challenge invites people to come together to bring ideas to the starting place of our energy future – the home.
Selected ecomagination Challenge entrants will be offered the opportunity to develop a commercial relationship with GE through:
- Investment: the $200 million capital pledge of GE and its partners will be invested globally into promising start-ups and ideas
- Validation: evaluation of entrant’s business strategy through in-depth discussions with GE‘s technical and commercial teams
- Distribution: exploration of partnership opportunities with GE to scale a business and create global reach
- Development: leveraging of GE‘s technical infrastructure and GE Global Research Centers to accelerate technology and product development
- Growth: exploration of opportunities for utilizing existing GE customer relationships for your go-to-market strategy
The Challenge, launched in collaboration with leading venture capital firms RockPort Capital, KPCB, Foundation Capital, Emerald Technology Ventures, and Carbon Trust is part of GE’s ecomagination initiative, a global commitment to build innovative clean energy technologies and will help fund the most promising ideas.
Phase II of the GE ecomagination Challenge, a $200 million innovation experiment where businesses, entrepreneurs, innovators and students share their best ideas on how to improve our energy future – and just might get funded. Phase II of the ecomagination Challenge focuses on Powering Your Home. GE is looking for innovative ideas about capturing, managing, and using energy in the home.
CT Company SecureRF was chosen as a GE Partner in the last round under “Powering the Grid”. Learn more at: http://www.securerf.com/pdf/GE_to_Invest_$55_Million%20_ecomagination_Challenge.pdf
If you are interested in the program and would like some tips from a previously successful applicant – contact Joanne Kelleher, http://www.securerf.com/management.shtml , who offered to provide insights on the program to CT Companies.
To read more, please Click Here.